A few ways Inspirations of Eden is eco-conscious…
Recycle and reuse:
- Reuses packing material that is clean and in good condition.
- Accepts clean packing material from individuals that would like to see it used rather than throw it away.
- For more than 10 years, my businesses have managed to reuse packing material that has already been in circulation, without purchasing new, non-eco-friendly material.
- Material that cannot be reused is recycled when applicable.
- Clean up and remove trash from the shoreline while collecting sea glass for art pieces.
Tools and supplies:
- Invested in reusable tools and supplies, eliminating one time use, for making products.
Upcycled or refurbished products are noted in the description and are in the "upcycled" category.
- I periodically transform unwanted but useful items into artful treasures. This keeps the unwanted out of landfills. I also enjoy refurbishing items, especially those made of wood.
- Offer refills on candle containers to reduce waste.
- I will also refill wax melt containers, tea lights and air freshener spray bottles, reducing waste.
These are just a few of the things I do with a higher impact on reducing waste in my business. I practice other earth conscious actions both in business and personal life, to reduce my ecological footprint and am committed to educating myself on ways to improve.